Q: Do I need to register for the online course?
A: No, you do not need to register in order to access the online course Brief Services – Foundational Principles and Therapeutic Approaches. The course can be accessed freely, without logging in, from the course page.
Q: Can I get a certificate of completion?
A: Unfortunately, the Canadian Mental Health Association, Ontario is not able to offer participants certificates of completion for any of the online trainings at this time.
Q: Can I get an electronic or paper copy of the online course?
A: Unfortunately no. CMHA Ontario does not have the copyrights to the printed materials of the course.
Q: Are there any resources offered in other languages?
A: CMHA-Ontario and the project team are currently constructing a French language website which will house some additional training resources in French.
Q: Help! I am having trouble with a webinar recording.
A: Troubleshooting during webinar recordings:
Patchy connection? Please try to connect to the fastest internet available. Sometimes wireless is not the most reliable so, if you have the option to connect directly to a cable internet connection, please do so.
No sound? Ensure that your computer volume is turned on and up – check the icon in the bottom right corner of your screen.NOTE: if you are using a desktop, you will need to connect external speakers or a headphone set into your computer to hear sound
Q: Help! I am having trouble with one of the course modules.
Please note, many of the modules contain learning activities. Navigation to the subsequent page or section will be disabled until the activities are complete. So, please be sure to follow any instructions. If you are having trouble, please review these “tips” for navigating the course modules:
- First, read all instructions provided very carefully and in their entirety.
- Move your mouse cursor very slowly over the area indicated in the instructions until your cursor changes (i.e. should change from an arrow to a “hand” when your mouse is over the correct spot).
- Sometimes even after reading the instructions, it is not always immediately obvious where to click. For example, in module 3 under the “Intake as a first session: Standard intake session” section, you need to click on the second row of arrows to progress through the module.
- If you are using a phone or tablet device to view the modules, try switching to a laptop or desktop computer. A larger screen and more precise mouse control can make a difference.
- Try exiting and re-entering the module.
- If none of these tips worked for you, the please review the following system requirements needed to view the modules.
It may be necessary for you to update your system’s flash player or to switch to a different browser. Also, it may be a matter of switching devices altogether. For example, some individuals using Ipad’s have run into particular issues but when they switched to a desktop, the issues were resolved.
In order to view the module contents, the system requirements are as follows. You’ll need Flash Player 10 or later, and one of the following browsers: